Accueil » Obélisque Napoléon

Obélisque Napoléon

  • Mon label custom

The Obelisk was erected to the glory of Napoleon and inaugurated on 12 April 1804

It is located at the exit of the village of Montgenèvre and its history is linked to the construction of the pass road.

Blown up in 1835 by the Piedmontese, it was rebuilt under the reign of Louis-Philippe by the architect Joseph Andreoli. The stones of which it is composed were assembled using lime and cement mortar, then held together with iron clamps.

The original marble commemorative plaques, which were also destroyed, have been replaced by bronze plaques engraved in four languages – French, Italian, Spanish and Latin – paying tribute to Napoleon Bonaparte and Prefect Ladoucette.

This monument can now be seen on the history and water trail.

Opening period

All year round daily.

Languages spoken : english, french and italian

Rates

Free access.

Practical information

Parking nearby

Public WC

Environments
  • Close to a public transportation
    • Bus station under 300 m
    • Bus stop < 500 m
    • Near shuttle stop
    • Station district
  • Close to GR footpath
  • Lake view
  • Mountain location
    • Bottom of slopes
    • Ski resort
  • Mountain view
  • River 5 km away
Chargement de la carte…
Place de l'Obélisque
Route d'Italie
05100 Montgenèvre
Data updated on
Take a look here
Montgenèvre

Chapelle Notre Dame des Sept Douleurs

Montgenèvre

Chapelle Sainte-Anne

Montgenèvre

Chapelle Saint-Roch

Montgenèvre

Église Saint-Maurice

This site is registered on wpml.org as a development site. Switch to a production site key to remove this banner.